What's New in Release 14 Service Pack 1
The MathWorks Release 14 with Service Pack 1 CD (R14SP1) includes major quality updates to MATLAB 7, Simulink 6, and 66 other products, as well as two new products launched since Release 14. This release also provides a 64-bit version of the MATLAB and Simulink product families for Linux based on AMD64 and Intel EM64T processors.
Note: To find out what’s new in the Release 14 family since Release 13 with Service Pack 1, please visit the Release 14 highlights.
|Release 14 with Service Pack 1|
* Indicates product was introduced after Release 14 with Service Pack 1 and is available to download via the Web. It is also included on the Service Pack 2 CD.
- Distributed execution of coarse-grained MATLAB algorithms and Simulink models on remote MATLAB sessions
- Control of the distributed computing process via a function-based or an object-based interface
- Distributed processing on both homogeneous and heterogeneous platforms
- Support for synchronous and asynchronous operations
- Access to single or multiple clusters by single or multiple users
- Modeling environment for defining the mechanics of a driveline system in Simulink
- Library of common gear configurations
- Library of dynamic elements, including clutches and rotational stops, torque converters, and torsional spring-dampers
- Templates for common transmission systems
- Basic models of vehicle components, including engines, longitudinal vehicle dynamics, and tires
- Create and deploy 2-D filters (FIR, convolution, median), 2-D transforms (FFT, DCT, Hough), and geometric transformation primitives (rotation, translation, shear)
- Implement image analysis and enhancement algorithms, including edge detection, thresholding, morphology, and statistics
- Implement standard color video and image conversion techniques, including color space conversion and chroma resampling
- Simulate and automatically generate floating- and fixed-point data type C code for use in embedded systems or to accelerate large-scale simulations
- View the status of the video stream in real time throughout the model with the video viewer and display blocks
- Preprocessing and analysis functionality for SELDI/MALDI mass spectrometry data
- Visualization tool for viewing interaction graphs
- Machine learning functions for classification and pattern recognition
- Enhanced microarray normalization tools
- Additional sequence visualization and analysis tools
- Modular graphical tools for image exploration and manipulation
- Texture analysis functions
- Hough Transform functions
- ICC profile export
- The use of Control System Toolbox LTI objects for system representation
- New objects for building and manipulating uncertain models
- Unified commands for performing robust controller analysis and design
- Includes functionality previously available in the LMI Control Toolbox and µ-Analysis and Synthesis Toolbox
If you use LMI Control Toolbox and µ-Analysis and Synthesis Toolbox, visit MathWorks Release 14 product changes for additional information.
- Models of electric drives for actuating mechanical rotational motion. These models include detailed descriptions of the motor, converter, and controller for each drive model.
- Models of flexible AC transmissions systems (FACTS)
- Models of distributed resources for common wind-power generation systems
Please refer to the Release Notes for information on updates to the following products:
* Indicates product upgrade was introduced after Release 14 with Service Pack 1 and is available to download via the Web. It is also included on the Service Pack 2 CD.
Products in TransitionPlease refer to MathWorks Release 14 product changes for additional information.
A service pack is a collection of bug fixes, features, and Web releases made since the last general release, captured in a full media set.